DudeHunder

Why you play OSRS over RS3?

I play both to be perfectly honest. I mainly play OSRS but recently I made an RS3 account to afk on every once in a while and ive been having a lot of fun. Its not a bad mmo despite all  the shit it gets

Posted (edited)

I play OSRS partly because of the nostalgia and partly because I seriously love it. To be honest, I tried RS3 once but I never got into it. Although, I suppose having a better laptop could probably change my opinion of it since playing it wouldn't be such a hustle.

Edited by Elite SEAL

Posted (edited)

rs3 is too easy and I feel as if my accomplishments for any skill isn't an accomplishment because you can afk every skill now even RC and Agility. Also the gold value is so freaking low on rs3 that 1b doesn't even seem like a lot

Edited by Propaganda

Posted (edited)

There is too much going on in RS3, too many cosmetics, too many character affects. You cant really make any progress towards your unless bank youre at end game content too. They ruined RC by allowing runespan. I just remember seeing people in high level armour as a kid and you'd know they mean business. RS3 now, people just have overrides so you dont know what they have. if that makes sense.

OSRS is just straight to the point and the combat system is simple but can be challenging for bosses. its just all round a better game to play casually. 

Edited by Bork

Posted (edited)

RS3 is too unfamilliar to jump in and play, I would have to learn everything all over again.

From OSRS I remembered most of the things, and ofcourse brings back good old memories.

I took a break when EOC came out, because I thought I'd be better off playing WoW with hitting 1 2 3 4 5 attackstyles.

Returned to osrs last year.

Edited by Sir Guidion

9 minutes ago, Sir Guidion said:

RS3 is too unfamilliar to jump in and play, I would have to learn everything all over again.

From OSRS I remembered most of the things, and ofcourse brings back good old memories.

I took a break when EOC came out, because I thought I'd be better off playing WoW with hitting 1 2 3 4 5 attackstyles.

Returned to osrs last year.

I can relate to this on so many levels.

Tbh, I really like the nostalgia of OSRS over RS3. RS3 was too complicated and  boring and didn't remind me of anything that I used to play in 07-09

Personally, I prefer the entirety of grinding in osrs over rs3. Every skill takes a long time to max out, and from what I've been hearing about rs3, the exp rates available there are all easier/faster.

Coming back to runescape after a few years off, RS3 is just too daunting theres so much stuff going. Where as OSRS is the game i remember

i only go on rs3 to check my kingdom i stop playing rs3 cuase of the grafixs of the items, i love the old style gameplay  and grapfixs that is in osrs

Only got introduced to OSRS about a year ago and never tried RS3 tbh!

There's already so much to do in OldSchool and tons I haven't done. Idk if I'd want to start a new account and learn about all the difference systems and stuff!

Prefer the art and animation style too