Bodybuilding/fitness/Aesthetics thread

Share advice/answer general fitness related questions. Share your story of how you became a Aesthetic god and share your goals

ill start:

Height:186cm

Weight:73kg

Doing PPL Atm bros and seeing good results. Goal weight for this Bulk is around 80 although i don't think its possible. Also would like to hit a 2plate bench which i think ill be able to

Yozah, good to see some gentlemen lifting some steel. I train - very inconsistently - with two different mates from time to time and they have very different routines. I genuinely am lifting to sadly only look good in shirts so it's pretty much upperbody for me but do not fear I do not skip legs. One of my friends likes to constantly lift heavy, doing 3 sets of 5 reps of about 80-85% of his max one rep. When I train with him I go a bit higher and do 5x5 of the compound movements, e.g. deadlift, squat, bench, overhead press. However, when I train with my other friend he goes lower, e.g. if I do 50KG bench for 5x5 I'll go to, idk say 40 for 3x8-10.

I'll be honest, I prefer to do 5x5 of the compound movements, but just curious, which do you think is better or which one do you prefer if you've ever trained like that?

Posted (edited)

Height: 2 meters
Weight: around 80-85kg

I do muscle exercises and cardio. So today I train my muscles, The next day my cardio and so on. My goal is to learn the basics of freerunning. It's just amazing how people execute movement like that and to have full control over your body. Due to some things in the past I had a lot of struggles with my body and weight. So that seems like a nice goal to go for. I've been training (serious training) for a couple of months now after losing weight over the years. I got some basics stuff down like the safety-roll and 2 vaults. So I have that going for me now. :)

Edited by AnArtAccount

5 hours ago, Charbel said:

Yozah, good to see some gentlemen lifting some steel. I train - very inconsistently - with two different mates from time to time and they have very different routines. I genuinely am lifting to sadly only look good in shirts so it's pretty much upperbody for me but do not fear I do not skip legs. One of my friends likes to constantly lift heavy, doing 3 sets of 5 reps of about 80-85% of his max one rep. When I train with him I go a bit higher and do 5x5 of the compound movements, e.g. deadlift, squat, bench, overhead press. However, when I train with my other friend he goes lower, e.g. if I do 50KG bench for 5x5 I'll go to, idk say 40 for 3x8-10.

I'll be honest, I prefer to do 5x5 of the compound movements, but just curious, which do you think is better or which one do you prefer if you've ever trained like that?

Good Stuff mate. It depends on what you want. If you want to get big e.g. Hypetrophy then you do 4x8 maybe 70% of your one rep max. Strength training is different. Less reps and more weight is the key for strength. Right now as its spring i suggest you do a mix of both with a nice clean bulking diet. Compound movements are your friends, dont go heavy on the cardio unless you want to burn some fat and dont forget your brotein. Gl my friend.

10 hours ago, Spyros said:

dont forget your brotein

Hahahahaha, best thing I've ever read. Cheers mate, will keep that in mind!

Posted (edited)

Great job everyone!

Till now I've just been working out to keep myself fit and healthy. I've been doing judo, cardio and calisthenics. I've contemplated whether I should start lifting or not for a while now. Perhaps I will soon.

Edited by Elite SEAL

Posted (edited)

Im 6ft

123kg

I hit gym 5 days a week as i play rugby (prop) and i also compete in strongman

My main goal is to get stronger and maybe a bit bigger bit on the smaller side of a strongman haha 

Edited by Flo

182cm

83kg

I've never touched a weight until the start of this year, 2 months in ( went on holidays in feb ) and i feel like im making good progress. I feel like i have too much body fat percentage but im not fat, just..  flabby? so i train cardio for 30 mins every session and do weight lifting. Main goal is toning my legs and building a nice chest. Arms will follow suit with training. Changing my diet has been actually really enjoyable for myself and cooking every night.